Designed to operate over a wide range of frequencies utilizing a broadband transducer, the new DFF1-UHD TruEcho CHIRP-enabled network sounder for NavNet TZtouch and NavNet 3D delivers significant advancements in signal clarity and target definition. The clear presentation of the DFF1-UHD marks individual game fish and bait fish, even when tightly schooled together or very near the sea floor.
Benefits of CHIRP sounders:
Standard, non-CHIRP Fish Finders operate at one or two individual frequencies and are generally capable of detecting targets and displaying them only within those narrow frequency bands. CHIRP Fish Finders transmit pulses across a wide range of frequencies, allowing Furuno’s superior digital signal processing (DSP) to display fish and structure targets with unparalleled clarity, accuracy and resolution.
Typical Non-CHIRP Fish Finders operate with a maximum duty cycle of 1% ‐ meaning they transmit a voltage to the transducer no more than 1% of the time. Consequently the transmit pulse can be high power but very short duration, limiting the total energy that is transmitted into the water column.
The DFF1-UHD uses a precise sweep pattern across 90 frequencies (50 kHz +/- 20 kHz, 200 kHz +/- 25 kHz) within a long-duration transmission. The equivalent sound energy transmitted into the water is 10 to 1,000 times greater than a conventional Fish Finder, resulting in more energy on target. The results are up to 5x greater resolution and depth capability than comparably powered, standard Fish Finders due to the advanced signal processing of the return echo.
- Scans across a range of frequencies - L = 50 kHz +/- 20 kHz, H = 200 kHz +/- 25 kHz
- Enhanced depth penetration, resolution & clarity
- Precise separation between bait fish and game fish
- Enhanced ability to distinguish targets from noise using improved signal to noise ratio
- Improved bottom tracking at high speeds
- Vastly improved shallow water performance
- Reveals more fish by eliminating surface clutter & noise
- Bottom Discrimination provides detailed graphical information about the make-up of the sea floor: Rock, Gravel, Sand, or Mud
- Accu-Fish size assessment function tells you the approximate size or depth of the fish below your boat